هڪ ايل اي ڊي نو ريزسٽر ايل اي ڊي استعمال ڪري بُنيادي فنڪشن ڏسون ڇا هي به مُشڪل آهي

'اليڪٽرانڪس' فورم ۾ Sindhi Media طرفان آندل موضوعَ ‏6 جنوري 2014۔

1. Sindhi Media

Sindhi Media
    سينيئر رڪن

شموليت:
    ‏28 ڊسمبر 2009
    تحريرون:
    ورتل پسنديدگيون:
    ايوارڊ جون پوائينٽون:
    ڌنڌو:
    انجنيئر
    ماڳ:
    نيو سعيد آباد سنڌ
    هڪ ايل اي ڊي نو ريزسٽر ايل اي ڊي استعمال ڪري بُنيادي فنڪشن ڏسون ڇا هي به مُشڪل آهي
    [​IMG]
    سامهون رکي ڏسو
    [​IMG]
    پاسيري ڪيئن ڏسبي
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 ڄڻن هيء پسند ڪيو آهي.
  2. Sindhi Media

Sindhi Media
    سينيئر رڪن

شموليت:
    ‏28 ڊسمبر 2009
    تحريرون:
    ورتل پسنديدگيون:
    ايوارڊ جون پوائينٽون:
    ڌنڌو:
    انجنيئر
    ماڳ:
    نيو سعيد آباد سنڌ
    This instructable shows how to wire up one or more LEDs in a in a basic and clear way. Never done any work before with LEDs and don't know how to use them? Its ok, neither have I.

***If you have wired up LEDs before, this explanation might seem overly simplistic. Consider yourself warned.***
    [​IMG]
    I have used LEDs once or twice before for simple applications, but I never really knew what I was doing, and since so many projects on instructables use LEDs, I thought I might as well teach myself and post about it too.

I know that there are many projects already posted that contain information about how to wire LEDs for simple projects - LED Throwies, LED Beginner Project: Part 2and 9v LED flashlight - teh best evarrr!, but I think that there could still be some use for a detailed step by step explanation about the basics of LEDs for anyone who could use it.

The first step was to buy some supplies and figure out what I would need to experiment with. For this project I ended up going to Radioshack because its close and a lot of people have access to it - but be warned their prices are really high for this kind of stuff and there are all kinds of low cost places to buy LEDs online.

To light up an LED you need at the very minimum the LED itself and a power supply. From what I have read from other LED instructables wiring in a resistor is almost always a good idea.

3. Sindhi Media

Sindhi Media
    سينيئر رڪن

شموليت:
    ‏28 ڊسمبر 2009
    تحريرون:
    ورتل پسنديدگيون:
    ايوارڊ جون پوائينٽون:
    ڌنڌو:
    انجنيئر
    ماڳ:
    نيو سعيد آباد سنڌ
    [​IMG]
    To make the power supplies I just soldered some wire onto the ends of the batteries I had bought so that I could easily attach the LEDs to them. The 9V battery served as my 9V power supply, one AA battery made a 1.5V power supply and three AA batteries bundled together made a 4.5V (1.5V + 1.5V + 1.5V = 4.5V) power supply. I didn't use alligator clips on the ends of the wire, but they would have been helpful here.
    [​IMG]
    Knowing the value of a resistor requires reading the code from the color bands on the resistor itself. The package didn't come with a 140 ohm resistor but it did come with a 150 ohm one. Its always better to use the next closest value resistor greater than what you calculated. Using a lower value could burn out your LED.

To figure out the color code you basically break down the first two digits of the resistor value, use the third digit to multiply the first two by and then assign the fourth digit as an indicator of tolerance. That sounds a lot more difficult than it really is.

Using the color to number secret decoder website found here, a 150ohm resistor should have the following color code...

Brown because the first digit in the value resistor I needed is 1
    Green because the fifth digit is 5
    Brown because in order to get to 150 you have to add one 0 to 15 to get to 150.
    Gold - the resistors I got all have 5% tolerance and 5% is represented by gold

Check out the decoder page link above if this isn't making sense.

I looked through all the resistors, found the one that was brown, green, brown, gold, and wired it in line on the positive electrode of the LED. (Whenever using a resistor on an LED it should get placed before the LED on the positive electrode).

Low and behold, the LED lit up once again. The 150 ohm resistor stopped enough of the 4.5V power supply from reaching the 1.7V LED that it lit up safely and kept it from burning out.

This is just the process that I went through to figure out what resistor to use with my particular LED with my particular power supply. You can easily use the formula above to figure out what value resistor to use with whatever LED and power source you happen to be using.

4. Sindhi Media

Sindhi Media
    سينيئر رڪن

شموليت:
    ‏28 ڊسمبر 2009
    تحريرون:
    ورتل پسنديدگيون:
    ايوارڊ جون پوائينٽون:
    ڌنڌو:
    انجنيئر
    ماڳ:
    نيو سعيد آباد سنڌ
    [​IMG]
    It was just a coincidence that I bought an LED that was 1.7V and that it ended up working being able to be powered by my 1.5V power supply without the use of a resistor. For this second setup I decided to use the same LED, but up my power supply to the three AA batteries wired together which output 4.5V - enough power to burn out my 1.7V LED, so I would have to use a resistor.

To figure out which resistor to use I used the formula:
    R = (V1 - V2) / I

where:
    V1 = power supply voltage
    V2 = LED voltage
    I = LED current (usually 20mA which is .02A)

Now there are lots of calculators online that will do this for you - and many other instructables reference this as a good one, however, the math really isn't too hard and so I wanted to go through the calculation myself and understand whats going on.

Again, my LED is 1.7V, it takes 20mA (which is .02 A) of current and my supply is 4.5V. So the math is...

R = (4.5V - 1.7V) / .02 A
    R = 140 ohms

Once I knew that I needed a resistor of 140 ohms to get the correct amount of voltage to the LED I looked into my assortment package of resistors to see if I could find the right one.

5. Sindhi Media

Sindhi Media
    سينيئر رڪن

شموليت:
    ‏28 ڊسمبر 2009
    تحريرون:
    ورتل پسنديدگيون:
    ايوارڊ جون پوائينٽون:
    ڌنڌو:
    انجنيئر
    ماڳ:
    نيو سعيد آباد سنڌ
    [​IMG]
    LEDs wired in series are connected end to end (the negative electrode of the first LED connects to the positive electrode of the second LED and the negative electrode of the second LED connects to the positive electrode of the third LED and so on and so on...). The main advantage of wiring things in series is that it distributes the total voltage of the power source between all of the LEDs. What that means is that if I had a 12V car battery, I could power 4, 3V LEDs (attaching a resistor to each of them). Hypothetically this could also work to power 12, 1V LEDs; 6, 2V LEDs; or even 1 12V LED if such a thing existed.

Ok, let's try wiring 2, 2.6V LEDs in series to the 9V power supply and run through the math.

R = (9V - 5.2V) / .02A
    R = 190 Ohms
    Next higher resistance value - 200 Ohms

Now the variety package of resistors didn't come with a 190 or 200 Ohm resistor, but it did come with other resistors which I could use to make a 200 Ohm resistor. Just like LEDs, resistors can be wired together in either series or parallel (see next step for an explanation on wiring things together in parallel).

When same value resistors are wired together in series you add their resistance. When same value resistors are wired together in parallel you divide the value of the resistor by the number of resistors wired together.

So, in the most simplified sense, two 100 Ohm resistors wired together in series will equal 1 200 Ohm resistor (100 + 100 = 200). Two 100 Ohm resistors wired together in parallel will equal one 50 Ohm resistor (100 / 2 = 50).

6. Sindhi Media

Sindhi Media
    سينيئر رڪن

شموليت:
    ‏28 ڊسمبر 2009
    تحريرون:
    ورتل پسنديدگيون:
    ايوارڊ جون پوائينٽون:
    ڌنڌو:
    انجنيئر
    ماڳ:
    نيو سعيد آباد سنڌ
    [​IMG]
    Unlike LEDs that are wired in series, LEDs wired in parallel use one wire to connect all the positive electrodes of the LEDs your using to the positive wire of the power supply and use another wire to connect all the negative electrodes of the LEDs your using to the negative wire of the power supply. Wiring things in parallel has some distinct advantages over wiring things in series.

If you wire a whole bunch of LEDs in parallel rather than dividing the power supplied to them between them, they all share it. So, a 12V battery wired to four 3V LEDs in series would distribute 3V to each of the LEDs. But that same 12V battery wired to four 3V LEDs in parallel would deliver the full 12V to each LED - enough to burn out the LEDs for sure!

Wiring LEDs in parallel allows many LEDs to share just one low voltage power supply. We could take those same four 3V LEDs and wire them in parallel to a smaller power supply, say two AA batteries putting out a total of 3V and each of the LEDs would get the 3V they need.

In short, wiring in series divides the total power supply between the LEDs. Wiring them in parallel means that each LED will receive the total voltage that the power supply is outputting.

And finally, just some warnings...wiring in parallel drains your power supply faster than wiring things in series because they end up drawing more current from the power supply. It also only works if all the LEDs you are using have exactly the same power specifications. Do NOT mix and match different types/colors of LEDs when wiring in parallel.

7. Sindhi Media

Sindhi Media
    سينيئر رڪن

شموليت:
    ‏28 ڊسمبر 2009
    تحريرون:
    ورتل پسنديدگيون:
    ايوارڊ جون پوائينٽون:
    ڌنڌو:
    انجنيئر
    ماڳ:
    نيو سعيد آباد سنڌ
    I decided to do two different parallel setups.

The first one I tried was as simple as it could be - just two 1.7V LEDs wired in parallel to a single 1.5V AA battery. I connected the two positive electrodes on the LEDs to the positive wire coming from the battery and connected the two negative electrodes on the LEDs to the negative wire coming from the battery. The 1.7V LEDs didn't require a resistor because the 1.5V coming from the battery was enough to light the LED, but not more than the LEDs voltage - so there was no risk of burning it out. (This set up is not pictured)

Both of the 1.7V LEDs were lit by the 1.5V power supply, but remember, the were drawing more current from the battery and would thus make the battery drain faster. If there were more LEDs connected to the battery, they would draw even more current from the battery and drain it even faster.

For the second setup, I decided to put everything I had learned together and wire the two LEDs in parallel to my 9V power supply - certainly too much juice for the LEDs alone so I would have to use a resistor for sure.

To figure out what value I should use I went back to the trusty formula - but since they were wired in parallel there is a slight change to the formula when it comes to the current - I.

R = (V1 - V2) / I

where:
    V1 = supply voltage
    V2 = LED voltage
    I = LED current (we had been using 20 mA in our other calculations but since wiring LEDs in parallel draws more current I had to multiply the current that one LED draws by the total number of LEDs I was using. 20 mA x 2 = 40 mA, or .04A.

And my values for the formula this time were:

R = (9V - 1.7V) / .04A
    R = 182.5 Ohms

Again, since the variety pack didn't come with that exact value resistor I attempted to use the two 100 Ohm resistors bundled together in series to make 200 Ohms of resistance. I ended up just repeating the mistake that I made in the last step again though, and wired them together in parallel by mistake and so the two 100 Ohm resistors only ended up providing 50 Ohms of resistance. Again, these LEDs were particularly forgiving of my mistake - and now I have learned a valuable lesson about wiring resistors in series and in parallel.

2 ڄڻن هيء پسند ڪيو آهي.

هن صفحي کي مشهور ڪريو